Sunday, February 26, 2012

GF Banana Mini-Chocolate Chip Muffins


What else can you do when faced with 3 very ripe bananas? There's no choice but to whip up a batch of muffins and since my nephew Austin has decided to go gluten free I thought I'd create a "new GF" recipe for his files! I also had a bag of  "Only Oats Pancake Mix" in the cupboard so thought I'd use a bit of that as well.


Here's what I decided to go with and I have to say they turned out a-okay! I'll be making them again when faced with the blackened bananas that have no future left other than getting baked! In fact with how tasty these turned out I'm looking forward to some overripe bananas soon! Quick and easy to make - even with a 4 year old helper at your side!

Dry Ingredients:
1/3 cup Only Oats Pancake Mix
1 cup of  *gluten free flour mixture*
1/2 cup organic brown sugar
2 tablespoons ground golden flaxseed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Wet Ingredients:
3 very ripe bananas
4 tablespoons soy milk
4 tablespoons juice
3 tablespoons organic canola oil

Sift the dry ingredients through a sieve into a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Whirl the wet ingredients together in a blender.  Pour wet into dry - blend together.  Measure 1/4 cup batter into lined or oiled muffin cups. Bake at 375 for about 16-18 minutes.

*Gluten-free flour mixture: 2-3/4 cups organic brown rice flour, 1/2 cup tapioca starch plus 1/4 cup Almond Meal flour. This makes 3-1/2 cups gluten-free flour.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Basic Bread Recipe

  1 cup warm water 1 package traditional rise yeast 1 teaspoon sugar 3 cups warm water 3 tablespoons olive oil 3 tablespoons sugar 3 teaspoo...