Thursday, January 19, 2012

Power Fruit Blend





Run, don't walk, to your nearest Real Canadian Superstore or wherever you can find PC brand Organics in your neck of the woods!  This Power Fruit Blend of dark sweet cherries, blueberries and blackberries will have you going back for more. Fresh picked flavor sounds cliche but in this case it's as close as you're going to get from plucking it out of your freezer! I love eating these, slightly thawed, straight out of the bag - they're that good. My new favorite morning shake is:  1/2 cup soy milk, 1/2 cup Happy Planet Juice (Mango Peach Party) and 1/2 cup of the power fruit blend. I used to love dairy yogurt shakes. This mixture of soy milk and juice gives it that nice tangy similar flavor.

My mom, who was always ahead of the pack when it came to health trends, actually made homemade yogurt for our whole brood!  And it was a big brood - 8 kids  - so I can see why she opted to make her own. A couple of little plastic tubs wouldn't last long.  She would make big pots of it using this beautiful stainless steel bowl (which I still have) pictured below.  It's the only thing left of her old Kenwood Mixer which was I'm sure one of her most treasured items at the time. Lucky for me my mom far outlasted the mixer and is still in wonderful condition (as is my father) at age 82! They are both super active and their favorite keep fit activity is stepping along with Richard Simmons and going out dancing.  Their freezer is also packed with fresh vegetables from their own garden!  Keys to good health -  make your own bread and yogurt, grow your own veggies and sing and dance!



Here's a pic of my mom (82) and sister (60) in the kitchen this past Christmas! Hollywood ladies take note - you don't need plastic to look beautiful at any age!  And double bonus - they can smile and turn their necks without any effort :O)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Basic Bread Recipe

  1 cup warm water 1 package traditional rise yeast 1 teaspoon sugar 3 cups warm water 3 tablespoons olive oil 3 tablespoons sugar 3 teaspoo...