Tuesday, January 12, 2010

GF "Kraft" Peanut Butter Cookies



This is the recipe found on the back of the Kraft peanut butter.  The recipe is very simple and that's why I was so eager to try a veganized version.  It didn't take much to do so however you need more detailed instructions than what's on the back of the jar.  I don't know how they would roll balls out of their ingredients as regardless of whether you use flaxseed or egg the mixture is non-rollable!  The only way I was able to roll my ingredients into balls was by placing the bowl of batter into freezer for 1/2 hour or so. They also stated it would make 3 dozen cookies -- I guess you could but they would be miniscule. I opted for 1 dozen normal sized cookies. Be forewarned: for serious peanut butter lovers these could be dangerously addictive!  Tasty, crispy, crunchy, peanut buttery goodness -- yep I'm one of the addicts :)

Ingredients
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup organic granulated sugar
1 tbsp. ground flax plus 3 tbsp. soy milk
1/4 cup quick oats

Stick dough in the freezer until you can roll into balls. Use approximately 1-1/2 tablespoons dough per ball. Put onto parchment lined or non-stick cookie sheet.  Press down slightly with fork (I dipped mine in sugar in between pressings hence the sparkly look on my cookies). As shown in the above recipe I put in 1/4 cup quick oats to enhance the ease of making balls and that did help plus it made them a little thicker which was a nice bonus. First batch that I tried without the  oats were flatter and slightly more difficult to form but still worked out okay for both taste and texture.

Bake at 325F for 15 minutes.  Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Basic Bread Recipe

  1 cup warm water 1 package traditional rise yeast 1 teaspoon sugar 3 cups warm water 3 tablespoons olive oil 3 tablespoons sugar 3 teaspoo...