Wednesday, January 13, 2010

3-Veggie Buddha Soup




This soup is for my Buddist friends who do not use garlic or onions in their cooking. I don't think I've ever made a soup without onions but surprisingly this didn't effect how tasty it turned out! It's also a real timesaver not to have to do the chop/saute onion/garlic routine so if you're super hungry this is a real bonus. A special hello to my favorite Buddist friends known collectively as "The Padmanadi Family".

Ingredients
3 large carrots, diced
3 potatoes, diced
1-1/2 cup broccoli florets
1 tablespoon veggie broth powder
2 cups water

Let the carrots and potatoes simmer together until almost done. Then put your broccoli florets on top and let steam until tender. Put through a food mill (I prefer the food mill for this soup's texture). Make a thin white sauce (1 tablespoon margarine, 2 tablespoons flour, 2 cups plain soy milk, salt & pepper and if you like add about 1/2 cup of your favorite vegan cheese, shredded to the warm white sauce ). I have lots of Italian Blend Daiya on hand so I did choose to do so. Stir the white sauce through your pureed veggies and you have a hearty soup that will make you and Buddha happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Basic Bread Recipe

  1 cup warm water 1 package traditional rise yeast 1 teaspoon sugar 3 cups warm water 3 tablespoons olive oil 3 tablespoons sugar 3 teaspoo...