Monday, March 23, 2015

Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Crisp





One Dish Baked Oatmeal Crisp! If you are looking for a quick breakfast that is filling, delicious and super healthy this is it! If you're cooking for only one or two this is a good keeper - 5 days in fridge is no problem! Recipe can be found in Engine 2 Diet Cookbook. Was also posted on a vegan blog called: American Vegan Princess. The Engine 2 Diet Cookbook is available through the Edmonton Public Library and I imagine many other libraries across North America. There is also an excellent Engine 2 Diet website with lots of free recipes and information.

I used a layer of Bremmer's Blueberries and a can of pears. I sliced the pears thinly and laid them amongst the blueberries. I used President's choice organic quick oats and just used 1" layer as suggested. I used 500 ml. of oat milk I made in the blender to pour over top. I then sprinkled 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar on top and a few shakes of cinnamon. I covered with tin foil. Baked at 350 for about 35 minutes and then uncovered for another 5 minutes. Since there are no specific amounts you just need to check yourself how it's looking. All liquid needs to be evaporated and it's nice if top is slightly browned. Hence the reason I removed cover for last 5 minutes.

March 30th, 2015 - update! Here's how it looks on day 3! Still absolutely delicious! I coud not be more pleased with this recipe. I did re-heat in the toaster oven and it made the blueberrie all plumped up and delicious once again! It also tastes satisfactory cold if you need to take it on the run. I want to try it with peaches next! Or I want to do carrot cake style - with pineapples, raisins and grated carrots!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Basic Bread Recipe

  1 cup warm water 1 package traditional rise yeast 1 teaspoon sugar 3 cups warm water 3 tablespoons olive oil 3 tablespoons sugar 3 teaspoo...