Saturday, January 18, 2014

Happy Herbivore's Carrot Cake Cupcakes



This is one of the recipes that put Lindsay S. Nixon  "on the map as a vegan blogger"! I took out one of her cookbooks from the Edmonton Public Library and thought it looked interesting! I love simple and good! These definitely fit the bill on both counts! She has an awesome collection of cookbooks on the market as well as a very informative blog! The recipe for the carrot cake cupcake can be found here!

I followed it almost exactly: I added two extra tabblespoons mango/peach juice cause I thought batter looked a little thick but that's always an issue in baking! It makes a difference what brand of flour you are using and how you measure etc.! I did not have whole wheat pastry flour so I just  substituted 3/4 cup white organic flour and 3/4 cup regular organic whole wheat flour. It worked out perfectly! Very good muffin - you don't miss the oil at all - moist and lots of flavor! Taste good iced or not! I tried them both ways. The maple icing is easy to make and adds a nice touch if you enjoy sweet topping.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Basic Bread Recipe

  1 cup warm water 1 package traditional rise yeast 1 teaspoon sugar 3 cups warm water 3 tablespoons olive oil 3 tablespoons sugar 3 teaspoo...